Urological antibiotics for cystitis. Cystitis is an inflammation of the bladder. It is accompanied by frequent urges and the presence of discomfort during urination. As a rule, it occurs against the background of a bacterial infection, but it can also be a consequence of damage or irritation of the bladder. Both men and women suffer, and the latter, due to their anatomical structure, usually face this disease much more often.
The functions of the bladder completely determine its structure and position in the body. The organ is located in the lower part of the pelvis in the retroperitoneal space behind the pubic area.
The bladder is a muscular organ that is:
- hollow inside, and its walls consist of several layers;
- smooth muscles cover the upper part of the bladder body: they are longitudinal on the outside, round in the center, and reticular on the inside;
- muscles are responsible for reducing the walls of the bladder;
- permeated by a dense network of blood vessels feeding the organ;
- inside is the mucous membrane of the transitional epithelium.
In our body, the bladder plays the role of a reservoir that accumulates fluid purified by the kidneys, and then removes it. Together with the water from the body, unnecessary substances come out of it – surpluses that cannot be processed, as well as poisons and toxins.
Classification of drugs for cystitis
For cystitis, medications of the following groups are prescribed:
- Antibacterial (fluoroquinolones, phosphonic acid derivatives, penicillin derivatives, cephalosporin series). Antibiotics destroy the bacteria that cause the development of the disease. In the acute form of the disease, broad-spectrum antibacterial drugs are prescribed.
- Uroantiseptics. They have antibacterial, antifungal, antiprotozoal and antiviral efficacy. Pathogenic microorganisms practically do not develop resistance to drugs of this group.
- Antifungal. They are prescribed for cysts of fungal origin and are widely used to prevent the attachment of fungal infection.
- Antiviral. They are necessary for the treatment of diseases of viral origin. They are prescribed only after diagnosis.
- Antispasmodic. They relax smooth muscles, which helps to relieve pain and eliminate stagnation of infected urine.
- Painkillers and anti-inflammatory. Designed to eliminate the inflammatory process and relieve symptoms. They facilitate urination by emptying the bladder completely.
In the rating below, we have collected the best medicines for the treatment of cystitis. Please note that the key to effective therapy is a preliminary consultation with a doctor. Only a specialist can determine the type of disease and prescribe the right drug that suits you (many people just take amoxil and do not think about the consequences) by conducting a comprehensive examination.
Causes of development
Many consider cystitis to be an exclusively female disease, but this opinion is erroneous. Due to anatomical features, this disease develops much less often in men – which is about 5% of cases.
The causes of irritation or damage to the bladder in non-infectious cystitis are hormonal changes, dehydration of the body and smoking abuse. The quality of the hygiene products used is important. The disease can develop against the background of diabetes and after the installation of a catheter.
Among the predisposing factors, a general decrease in immunity, a violation of blood supply processes due to a sedentary lifestyle should be highlighted. Also, do not forget about personal hygiene and that you need to empty your bladder on time. Most often, the disease occurs in the spring.
Urological antibiotics rating
As a rule, cystitis caused by a bacterial infection is treated with urological antibiotics prescribed by a doctor. In mild forms of the disease, a specialist may prescribe symptomatic treatment aimed at improving overall well-being. Timely drug therapy helps to eliminate the development of complications.
We offer the TOP effective drugs for cystitis, which differ in the spectrum of action. The rating is based on the effectiveness and safety of medicines. The conducted research and customer reviews are taken as a basis.
Canephron (Bionorica, Germany)
Phytopreparation, which is prescribed for diseases of the urinary tract and kidneys. The coated tablets are developed on the basis of the roots of the medicinal lovage, rosemary leaves and the grass of the common golden millet.
The best drug for cystitis has a diuretic, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and antimicrobial effect. It is used in the complex therapy of the treatment of chronic bladder infections.
Monurol (Zambon, Italy)
The best medicine for cystitis in women, which is available in the form of granules for the preparation of a solution. The drug is developed on the basis of fosfomycin trometamol. It belongs to the group of antibacterial drugs derived from phosphonic acid.
The mechanism of action of the drug is associated with the suppression of the first stage of synthesis of the cell wall of the pathogen. Granules are active against most pathogenic microorganisms, reducing their adhesion to the epithelium of the urinary tract. It is prescribed for acute or recurrent bacterial form. It can be used during pregnancy, but only after consulting a doctor.
No-spa (Chino In, France)
The antispasmodic drug contains drotaverine hydrochloride. It is prescribed as an auxiliary therapy to relax the smooth muscles of the bladder. Tablets, despite their high effectiveness, do not cause serious adverse reactions. It is recommended to adhere to the dosage indicated in the leaflet. Overdose causes cardiac arrhythmias and conduction disorders, which requires medical assistance.
Urological antibiotics: Conclusion
Of course, we have not described all the urological antibiotics that can help you.
Cystitis is basically an acute and treatable disease. Pharmacological companies offer a large arsenal of medicines that can be used after a comprehensive diagnosis, which allows you to quickly cure the disease.
Which cure for cystitis is the best can only be suggested by a doctor. As a rule, complex therapy is prescribed for this disease, which includes several drugs at once.
With certain knowledge, you can avoid the development of the disease, protecting yourself from further complications. Of course, there are certain risk factors that should always be taken into account, but certain prevention, at least, allows you to minimize the likelihood of developing the disease.